Pennsylvania Advisory Council on Drug and Alcohol Abuse
In accordance with Act 50, members of the Pennsylvania Advisory Council on Drug and Alcohol Abuse are advisors to the Governor and to the Secretary of the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs regarding drug and alcohol issues in Pennsylvania. The council is composed of the Secretary of the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs or his/her designee and eight other members appointed by the Governor.
Council members, by statute, must be representative of the following categories:
- Substantial training or experience in the fields of drug or alcohol prevention, intervention, rehabilitation, treatment, or enforcement.
- Prior history of drug and alcohol dependency.
- No connection with or experience in drug or alcohol prevention, intervention, rehabilitation, treatment, or enforcement.
- The public at large.
- To the extent possible, all geographic areas of the Commonwealth are to be represented.
Chair: Jennifer Smith, Secretary, Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Deb Beck
- Dr. Hector Colon-Rivera
- David McAdoo
- Adam Oldham
- Kristin Varner
- Jennifer Zampogna, M.D.
If you are interested in being considered as an Advisory Council Member, please forward a letter of interest and resume (including your name, address, phone number, email address, county of residence, date of submission, which category or categories you would be representative of) to the address below:
Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs
Attn: Advisory Council Membership
One Penn Center
2601 N. 3rd Street, 5th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Applicant's letters of interest/resumes will be reviewed on an as-needed basis as vacancies occur. We will contact potential candidates if being recommended.
- December 19, 2019 — 1-3 PM
Questions? Please contact Mary Jones at (717) 214-1937 or email@example.com.