Begin Main Content Area

​Federal Application Requirements

All potential agency applicants and sub-recipients for federal funding must have a D-U-N-S number and be registered with the System for Award Management (SAM). In addition, the state requires applicants to register as a Commonwealth Vendor.

Getting a D-U-N-S number

Confirm that your agency has a D-U-N-S number and a current registration in SAM. If not, begin the process early because of the time involved to register. Your DUNS number is required as part of the SAM registration, so start by going to the D-U-N-S registration website or calling the special Dun & Bradstreet hotline at 1 (866) 705–5711. You will receive a D-U-N-S number at the conclusion of your phone call. There is no cost associated with obtaining a D-U-N-S number.

Registering with SAM

Once you have all the necessary information, go to the SAM System. Registration should take 20-60 minutes to complete. Click “Create an Account” in the center of the page. Allow ten days after completing the forms to receive your valid registration.

The requirements above are part of the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act Sub-Award Reporting System.

Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA)

Agencies applying for grants under State Opioid Response (SOR) funding should be aware of the GPRA collection requirement. For more information regarding GPRA, scroll to the bottom of the For Single County Authorities page.

Registration as a Commonwealth Vendor

In order to receive subgrant funds from DDAP, the applicant agency must have a valid Commonwealth Vendor ID number. If the applicant agency does not have a Commonwealth Vendor ID, the applicant agency may register for one on the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Vendor Registration website.