DDAP Equity Workgroup
To advance, within the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP) and throughout the addiction treatment field, a robust array of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives aimed at eliminating barriers and allowing individuals to reach their full potential.
- An engaged workplace culture at DDAP where everyone is respected, voices are heard and valued, and employees do not fear being their authentic selves.
- A statewide addiction treatment system which provides quality care for all Pennsylvanians regardless of their age, race, creed, gender trait or identity, ethnicity, color and other distinguishing characteristics, national origin, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, disability or religion.
- A community with equitable access to funding and resources to adequately address the needs of vulnerable populations.
- Anti-Black Racism: we focus on anti-Black racism to acknowledge the differences that hold this group systemically in oppression – it is a specific type of racism that must be defeated if racism itself is to be defeated.
- Equity at Work: we focus on equity at DDAP because it is important to first be the change we want to see – we recognize that our own actions speak louder than our words.
- Respect: We are dedicated to fostering a culture of respect that ensures every interaction embodies integrity, trust, and accountability; and that everyone is treated with dignity, compassion, humility, and grace.
- Authenticity: We strive to create an environment where people may express their thoughts, feelings, and experiences openly.
- Justice: We work to build systems and supports that achieve and sustain fair treatment, equitable opportunities, and equitable outcomes.
- Honesty: We promote ongoing rigorous evaluations of ourselves and our communities as it relates to conscious and unconscious biases.
- Meaningful Work: We engage in purposeful and ardent efforts to create more equitable workplaces and communities.
- Openness: We are committed to curious and fearless investigation which moves beyond our current perspectives and leads to a willingness to discover new information as an opportunity for learning and growing.