2019 Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Regional Summits
The Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, in coordination with the Pennsylvania Department of Health, is convening eight regional MAT Summits in the fall of 2019. The purpose of the summits is to promote awareness of MAT options, provide strategies for success in using MAT, and increase the number of practitioners using the waiver to prescribe buprenorphine in an office-based setting.
Participants may choose to attend one or more of the following parts of a summit:
- Morning session consisting of the first four hours of qualifying waiver training for practitioners (note that the remainder of the required training will be taken online at the practitioner’s convenience and managed by a SAMHSA authorized training provider) – audience for this is MD, DO, NP, PA, CNS, CRNS, and CNM
- Plenary session and lunch – the audience for this is practitioners and/or their clinical and administrative staff as well as other stakeholders
- Afternoon concurrent sessions (view sessions and descriptions) that provide strategies for success in addressing perceived and real barriers – the audience is practitioners and/or their clinical and administrative staff as well as other stakeholders.
Each summit will include a room or hall where the Single County Authorities in that region will set up an exhibit for the afternoon and have staff available to provide information and answer questions.
Attendance is free, but registration is required. Due to the large number of entities to be represented, please limit your organization/facility’s participation to a select few whose roles most closely align with the intent of the summit.
The following dates have been established for the summits:
|DATE||REGION||COUNTIES IN REGION|| VENUE||REGISTRATION |
|Friday, October 11||Southcentral |
|Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Mifflin, Perry, York||Clarion Hotel and Suites, New Cumberland||Friday, October 4|
|Friday, October 18||Northeast|
|Carbon, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne, Wyoming||Quality Inn and Suites, Wilkes Barre||Friday, October 4|
|Monday, October 21||Philadelphia||Philadelphia||Philadelphia Convention Center||Monday, October 7|
|Friday, November 1||Southeast|
|Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, Schuylkill||Bear Creek Mountain Resort, Macungie||Friday, October 18|
|Tuesday, November 5||Northwest|
|Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Venango, Warren||Bayfront Convention Center, Erie||Tuesday, October 22|
|Thursday, November 7|Download flyer
|Bradford, Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, Sullivan, Tioga, Union||Genetti Hotel and Suites, Williamsport||Thursday, October 24|
|Wednesday, November 13||Southwest|
|Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Somerset, Washington, Westmoreland||Pasquerilla Conference Center, Johnstown||Wednesday, October 30|
|Thursday, November 14||Allegheny|
|Allegheny||Westin, Pittsburgh||Thursday, October 31|
*Registration may close earlier if maximum capacity is reached before the closing date.
The following credentialing has been designated for successful completion of plenary session and afternoon concurrent sessions (CMEs for the morning session are awarded separately):
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). The Pennsylvania Department of Health is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Pennsylvania Department of Health designates this educational activity for up to 2.5 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- This educational activity is designated for 2.5 hours of RN Continuing Education and Act 48 Continuing Education for school personnel. Pursuant to Act 48 of 1999, Section 1205.2 (Program of Continuing Professional Education) (d), the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Bureau of Public Health Preparedness is an Approved Provider of the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The Pennsylvania Department of Health is an approved provider of continuing education for registered nurses in Pennsylvania under Act 58 of 2006 and 49 PA Code, Chapter 21 § 21.134 (Continuing Education Sources) of the rules and regulations of the State Board of Nursing.
- The Pennsylvania Certification Board (PCB) is a member of the International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium, and the plenary and afternoon session are PCB approved for 2.5 hours of Education Credit.